Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion

Hi everyone!

Okay. So, a couple of months ago, around early February. Skin MD sent me a bottle of their Natural Shielding lotion to try out.


Skin MD Natural is a shielding lotion, a very special type of lotion helping the skin restore its integrity, enhance its protective functions so that the skin is able to heal naturally and regain its youthful appearance. Skin MD Natural works by bonding with cells of the skin's outermost layer to form what works as an invisible shield. This layer of protection prevents environmental irritants and pollutants from penetrating the skin, while sealing in the skin's own natural oils and moisture, helping resolve the dry skin condition.

Dermatology tested No animal products or testing Hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic Fragrance and colorant free Paraben free


The first time I used it, my initial impression was that it reminded me so much of my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. Except of course that Clinique DDMG is a moisturizer for the face while Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion is for face and body.. Anyway, the Skin MD lotion wasn't too creamy or heavy, it actually was more of like a gel, in my opinion. The consistency of the lotion is very light. Of course, that's a plus for me. Living in a hot and humid weather, I'd definitely prefer something that is not too heavy or else I'll feel icky and uncomfortable throughout the day. I believe this product is fragrance-free as well. It does not have any of that flowery-nauseating-smell that usually drives me away from skin care products.



So I've been using this product for months now and everytime I use it (morning or night), it does not feel greasy at all. It is very lightweight and still it moisturizes really well. After application, it immediately melts on my skin leaving it feeling soft, smooth and refreshed. I don't know if it's just me but it has this cooling sensation right after I apply it on my skin.. And oh, I feel the same thing with the Clinique DDMG. Same fresh feeling which I really really love.

I also took this bottle with me during my trip to Macau and the weather dropped to 4 degrees C. It was cold and this is the only lotion I applied. Even in the cold weather, my skin was still moisturized.

One more thing, my brother who has eczema somewhere on the sides of his fingers tried the lotion for a while. He's been using it on and off. I told him to follow the directions but I guess he's just that lazy. Anyway, he didn't really see any dramatic change but he said it decreased the itchiness. I guess it's because he's been using it on and off. And everytime I get the bottle from him, he keeps asking for it so he can use it. I guess it really soothes his eczema.

Oh, in case you're wondering, they also have one with SPF 15. =)

I'm really loving this product, so I am definitely getting this again. Even my Mom used it and she loved it. She asked for the brochures that came with the package and asked me where she can get a bottle for herself. =)

I just wish it was available locally but sadly it is not. Their website ships internationally but the shipping fee is quite a hassle. So I guess, I am just going to ask a friend from the US who might come home to get it for me. So I can avoid expensive shipping fee. =D

Rating: Very good kitty!

So yeah that's it. I hope you all had a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...