Review: Nars Love Set

Nars Love Set includes the following product:
1.) Orgasm Blush
2.) Sex Machine Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
3.) Pillow Talk Lip Gloss


I originally wanted to get just the Orgasm Blush, but I checked Sephora.Com and found out about their Love Set. I know this was like their Valentine promo or something so some of their stores have already ran out of the set. Luckily, their store at Tysons Corner VA still carries it. =)

Orgasm Blush: Okay the thing is, I got this without testing it first, like I mentioned on my prior post.. I was excited when I finally got it and I immediately swatched it at the back of my hand. Looking at the swatch, the only thing I felt was... REGRET! The color looked super shimmery. And I didn't really think I could pull off anything like that.. So yeah, I got so disappointed because I will never be able to wear that... But when I got home, I thought I'd try it on... And I never thought I'd say this, but I LOVED IT! I don't know but when I applied it on my cheeks, it didn't look shimmery at all. It came out sheer (the color is buildable) and it gave me this pinky peach natural looking flush with a bit of glow. Nothing crazy shimmer whatsoever. I even tried to look at it closely in the mirror, because I can't believe that it didn't appear too shimmery when I applied it on my cheeks. It did have a TINSY BIT of golden specks, but NOT a lot like when I swatched it and they're almost not visible at all. So yes, I love it. I can't wait til I wake up tomorrow, and put it on again. =)

UPDATE: I noticed that when I use my Eco Tools Retractable Kabuki Brush, it gives off a sheerer color so I have to dip the brush and put some more for about 3 times. But when I use my Eco Tools Blush Brush, it gives me the exact color I want with just one dip and application.. I read about how others would complain on how sheer this product could be, maybe it has something to do with using the right brush. =)

Sex Machine Velvet Matte Lip Pencil: This lip pencil has a neautral light baby pink color to it. It's creamy and it goes on smoothly. It also feels moisturizing on the lips. The color is nice, especially when you want to do a nude lip with a hint of color. I tried using this, topped with Cover Girl's Wetslicks in Peaches n' Gleam, and I think it looked nice. The only thing I didn't like about it is that you have to sharpen it. But aside from that, I love it. It feels great and it looks great!

Pillow Talk Lip Gloss: I love this one, too. It has a rosy-mauvy-pink color and it's very pigmented. I think it does have a bit of a golden shimmer. What I also love about this is that it doesn't have any smell and it's not too sticky.

Rating: Very Good Kitty!

Below is an image of what the three products looked like when I applied them. I don't know if you guys can even see the Orgasm Blush, the camera might've washed off the color or something. On the lips is Sex Machine topped with Pillow Talk lip gloss.
That's all for now, hopefully I could do more reviews soon. Hope this helped!

5 comments:

Soapaholic said...

Great review! I've always wondered about the Orgasm blush.:) Thank you for this!:)

CZEL (Vanity's Child) said...

i'm lemming with the Nars Love Set too. Nice review!

Jem said...

ohhh!
you already got it!
that's great!

i also heard about that 'problem' too...
good thing you tried it with 2 different brushes!

that lip gloss also looks great!
^_^

the chic ambition said...

i want the nars orgasm blush!! next thing on my list :))

Catmare said...

it's a really nice blush. one of my faves!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...