EOTD: Smokey Blue

Hi everyone! I mentioned before, I am not really a makeup expert but I'm learning. A few days ago, I went and gathered my blue eyeshadows and decided to do a smokey blue look. I did a few attempts before but I never uploaded them because I always end up with a messy and fugly result. But with my recent experiment, I think I like how it turned out.

I'm hoping it's good enough to share. lol. I know it's not the best but I'm quite happy with the result. So, here it is!


More after the jump!


First I applied Too Faced Shadow Insurance all over my lid and also on my lower lashline. This will help make my eyeshadow last.

And then I applied a black base on my lid using NYX Jumbo Pencil.

And for the eyeshadows, I thought I'd use a couple of blue eyeshadows because I wanted a gradient type of look.


1.  On my lid, Sabbath from Urban Decay Black Palette (blue black color). This will deepen up the blue especially on the outer corner of your lid.

2.  Sea Blue from Elizabeth Arden Palette (IDK how to describe this color but it's like a muted blue/green color)

3. Cobalt from Elizabeth Arden Palette (I think this color is between royal and navy blue)

4. Haight from Urban Decay NYC Palette (aqua blue color).

For the highlight on my brow bone, I just used Heaven (a matte cream eyeshadow) from my Too Faced Natural Palette.


Then I just lined my upper lash line and waterline with a black eyeliner. And lastly, I applied my Clinique lash doubling mascara.

And here's the finished look:

So that's it for now. Hopefully I can do more EOTDs in the future. Thanks for reading! :)

7 comments:

Kitten said...

nice EOTD! I like it, galing~

Nina said...

Super pretty! :)
Haight is such a gorgeous blue, wooooow

breakingrumours said...

Very pretty eotd! Didn't know you had to use so many colors to create that.

Catmare said...

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you liked it. :)

@Nina, yup Haight is really pretty.

@breakingrumors, I just thought I'd add a couple of blue shades to achieve a gradient look. But I think it's also ok to just skip some of the colors. :)

DeBi said...

ganda...a new follower

Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful. :D Wish I could create something as nice as this. I never really played with eyeshadow considering I have one triple lid and one monolid. It never looks even so I don't really bother. hahah

Catmare said...

thanks debi!

thanks Tiffo! I never really thought I could do something like this either. I think it was all just an accident when I was trying and experimenting with my blues. :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...